Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Noblis is positioned to provide technology and operational solutions to senior decision makers in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Homeland Defense in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The DHS S&T Directorate is the primary research and development arm of the DHS and manages science and technology research, from development through transition, for the Department's operational components and first responders to protect the homeland. Established by Congress to provide innovative solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges, S&T is the core source of scientific and engineering expertise for DHS and is uniquely postured to enhance our nation's security and resilience by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE).
Noblis is actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS S&T within its four groups: Homeland Security Enterprise and First Responders; Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency; Acquisition Support and Operations Analysis; and Research and Development Partnerships).
• The Technology Transfer position will assist DHS S&T in the development and implementation of policy, strategy, plans, and guidelines to support technology transfer to DHS components, Universities, State and Federal Law Enforcement. Successful execution will require independent performance with minimal supervision and a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Federal Government space, the value chain of a commercial market space, government acquisition, contract development and negotiation, and business model valuation for new technology. Understanding of the Federal R&D and acquisition environment is essential.
• The Technology Transfer position will provide on-site technical and programmatic support and will be responsible for coordinating the transfer and implementation of interdisciplinary technologies and tools to the appropriate government or industry stakeholder.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
o Assist with the transfer of various consequence management and response-related technologies developed by academia to government or industry stakeholders.
o Ensure that technologies/tools developed by academia are aligned with identified mission needs and requirements of stakeholders.
o Managing and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
o Editing, and formatting strategic documentation, reports, and presentations.
o Participating in the planning and execution of large-scale technology demonstration conferences.
o Assisting in the preparation and assembling of presentations and documents
• Secret security clearance
• B.A./B.S. in a technical or national security-related area
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and 5 year of experience related to technology transfer or stakeholder management
• Familiarity with the Stevenson Wydler Act - 15 U.S.C. 3701 et seq.
• Experience supporting executive/SES level leadership
• Adept at eliciting requirements from stakeholders
• Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion
• Flexibility and adaptability working in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive for results independently and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills
• Experienced and adept at identifying new technology trends/capabilities
• General and specific knowledge of technology areas applicable to DHS S&T
• Research experience in technical areas
• Proficient technical writer
• Experience and proficiency working with MS Office (Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint) and collaboration sites (MS SharePoint)