Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Noblis is positioned to provide technology and operational solutions to senior decision makers in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Homeland Defense in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The DHS S&T Directorate is the primary research and development arm of the DHS and manages science and technology research, from development through transition, for the Department's operational components and first responders to protect the homeland. Established by Congress to provide innovative solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges, S&T is the core source of scientific and engineering expertise for DHS and is uniquely postured to enhance our nation's security and resilience by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE).
Noblis is actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS S&T within its four groups: Homeland Security Enterprise and First Responders; Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency; Acquisition Support and Operations Analysis; and Research and Development Partnerships).
Technology scouting is the process of identifying, tracking, and evaluating existing or developing technologies, products, services, and emerging trends to satisfy requirements identified by DHS components. Technology scouting connects with a network of research and development organizations, academia, and industry to search for information on specific technology needs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
o Provide subject matter expertise and programmatic support to the DHS S&T technology scouting director. He/she will be able to work within a team to execute technology scouting activities and within a matrixed organization to support customer engagement teams/project management leads. The technology scouting staff member will build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and DHS strategic partners. He/she will utilize best practices for technology scouting and be able to recommend improvements/recommendations for increasing efficiencies.
o Facilitate stakeholder meetings to elicit, identify, and translate customer requirements for technology acquisition, development, and deployment
o Conduct expansive searches of applicable databases and sources to find technologies that inform technology acquisition prior to R&D initiation
o Maintain awareness of new, groundbreaking, and innovative products that are applicable to the DHS S&T mission space
o Provide accurate and timely reports, recommendations, and analysis on existing and emerging technology
o Maintain and update internal databases to identify and catalogue technologies relevant to DHS S&T
• Secret security clearance
• Ability to be cleared through DHS suitability
• B.A./B.S. in a technical or national security-related area
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant (general) experience and 5 years of experience related to technology scouting
• Familiarity with Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and the Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) models
• Familiarity and understanding of Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and Alternatives Analysis (AA)
• Familiarity and experience with the DHS Acquisition Lifecycle Framework (ALCF)
• Experience supporting executive/SES level leadership
• Adept at eliciting requirements from stakeholders
• Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion
• Flexibility and adaptability working in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive for results independently and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills
• Experienced and adept at identifying new technology trends/capabilities
• General and specific knowledge of technology areas applicable to DHS S&T
• Research experience in technical areas
• Proficient technical writer
• Experience and proficiency working with MS Office (Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint) and collaboration sites (MS SharePoint)