Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Noblis is helping the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation’s aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation’s aviation vision, this is the job for you!
The Systems/Network Engineering Lead will be focused on supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in modernizing their communications enterprise that enable core functions of the FAA, specifically National Airspace System (NAS) operations. The engineer will provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, and evaluation of physical and logical communications solutions having network-wide impact. The Engineer must analyze and assess technical solutions, designs, and requirements for effective planning and implementation. The Engineer will be responsible for conducting proof-of-concept and other tests to evaluate potential technologies for the National Airspace System (NAS), creating and executing test scenarios and analyzing and documenting evaluation results. They will facilitate communication across various FAA organizations and current and potential vendors to design, conduct, and evaluate tests.
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
• Prepare complex workprints and schematics to define and illustrate entire network structures and solutions. Perform Installation and configuration of current and potential NAS Communication Systems in the Test Lab
• Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of multiple communication networks. Troubleshoot and document system failures and conduct recovery efforts
• Configure Legacy and NextGen NAS Communication Systems for interoperability verification
• Conduct tests to ensure requirement compliance and operational suitability
• Technical and dependency analysis and reporting
• Ensure that the tasks are done in a complete fashion that is acceptable to the FAA
• Manage and coordinate test lab configuration activities in the absence of the test program lead
• Document Program Trouble Reports (PTR) s for system failures, anomalies and requirement violations
• Generate and provide reports for FAA management
• Utilize test and evaluation tools
• The candidate shall have 3-5 years of experience in testing or systems engineering, 6-8 years in a technology-related field
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline is required.
The candidate should also possess the following skills:
• Experience in hardware and software configuration
• Experience in direct client/vendor interaction
• Experience with System Requirement and Design Validation/Verification processes
• Experienced in utilizing a multifaceted set of test and analysis tools
• Experience in operating, analyzing, testing and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based systems
• Ability to collect/analyze data and communicate technical information