Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 4 consecutive years including the last three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 6 years by Ethisphere Institute, Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy and SVP National Security Roger Mason selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, CEO Amr ElSawy named as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine, Noblis CTO recognized as a trending 40 CIO in the DC Area.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Noblis is looking for qualified Networking and IT & Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to serve on high performance teams supporting Federal agency IT infrastructure modernization and evolution efforts to improve government utilization of advanced communications and Network and cloud computing technologies. Candidates will work closely with accomplished Noblis experts to provide a wide range of consulting services and expertise, including systems engineering, strategic IT infrastructure technology planning, network/data center design and simulation, integrated network/cloud performance measurement and management, acquisition strategy, requirements development, source selection support, operations planning, policy development, and program management support. As part of a Noblis team, candidates will work closely with government clients to understand current issues and challenges, generate practical and effective solutions, and assist with the acquisition/deployment/management of those solutions, typically working “on the government side of the table” as an unbiased, trusted partner. Engagements may vary from single-agency focused solutions to major government-wide technology programs.
• Apply systems engineering, telecommunications and networking engineering, IT virtualization, cloud computing and information assurance principles to define high performance, secure, integrated network/cloud technical solutions; define and document system requirements; support planning and scheduling activities; perform technical analyses of vendor capabilities; perform feasibility analyses and technical risk assessments.
• Assess network policies and architecture requirements against existing and future network needs and requirments
• Adapt and apply Noblis’ principles, concepts, processes, tools and methodologies to solve real-world problems in a team environment, with special focus on the development of integrated infrastructure solutions and programs involving both network and data center (cloud) assets.
• Develop and apply knowledge of Federal acquisition practices and regulations to the competitive best value procurement of converged network/cloud IT technology solutions.
Communication and Interpersonal
• Prepare and/or contribute to technical reports, memos, analyses and briefings.
• Support meetings, inter-team communication, and issue resolution with the client and internal/project stakeholder groups.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Noblis team leaders and members.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical or Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
• Knowledge of one or more relevant technical subject areas, such as networking technologies (optical fiber, satellite, wireless, etc.) and protocols (MPLS, IPv6, LTE, VLAN, etc.), IT infrastructure technologies and products (routers, switches, servers, etc.), network design and simulation, IT virtualization technologies and practices, network/IT performance management (performance measures, SLAs, etc.), cloud service concepts and offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), network/cloud security, or network/cloud management and operations (ordering, billing, inventory management, etc.).
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Results-oriented problem solving abilities. Facility with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools highly desirable.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, follow direction but demonstrate initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
• Familiarity with relevant Federal technology issues, policies, regulations or practices is highly desirable. Experience with or knowledge of government acquisition/contracting practices, programs and regulations (FAR, DFAR, etc.) is especially useful.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Local and limited overnight travel may be required. Noblis is an equal opportunity employer.