Assemble and summarize data, analyze plans and forecasts, identify trends and present findings in preparation of PPBE documents, program planning initiatives (POM build), the Congressional Budget Justification Books (CBJB) and Materials for the President’s Budget, Procurement Allocations and Research/Development Forms (P&R Forms) in accordance with the latest Federal fiscal law and DOD and Army regulations and guidance.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Experience with budget and PPBES-related activities and be familiar with the DoD budget and planning process.
- Documentation on matters relating to PPBES and staffing with higher headquarters staff ASA(ALT), HQDA Staff, OSD, PEOs, MAJCOMs) and Congressional staff members, by demonstrated working knowledge of Intelligence Community, DOD Headquarters, and Army staff and chain of command.
- Develop critical budget execution documents and reports,
- Develop cost analysis reports and provide reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Provide technical expertise for computer database actions
- Maintenance of historical artifacts for all PPBES actions executed within the program
- Maintain and record all transactions within the ASPO Financial System (AFS) database and ensure updates for incoming and outgoing funds are timely.
- Develop and evaluate required documentation for PEO financial reviews (monthly, quarterly, and end of year), in accordance with latest Federal Fiscal laws and DoD and Army regulations and guidance.
- Maintain and improve program financial and resource management database tool (AFS) for the program including providing an AFS Software Design Folder that documents the AFS database tool to enable third-party support of AFS.
- Development, evaluation and processing of detailed cost estimates, cost analyses and other related “what-ifs”
- Cost Benefit Analyses (CBA), economic analyses scenarios and "Should Cost" analysis
- Work effectively in a team environment